Cheviot welcomes new residents to our walkable, friendly community. With a population of 8,327 tucked into 1.2 square miles, we have a lot to offer!
- Cheviot Public School (grades K-6) is part of the Cincinnati Public School (CPS) District and affords many opportunities to our children. In 2016 Cheviot School was selected to host the second Cincinnati Gifted Academy in the CPS District. Academically talented students in grades 3-6 are eligible to attend this highly-acclaimed program. Other schools available at no cost to our residents include Dater Montessori, Fairview-Clifton German School, School for Creative and Performing Arts, and Walnut Hills High School.
- Harvest Home Park boasts a 12-station outdoor fitness trail, swimming pool and bathhouse, newly updated playground with shade structures, ample picnic areas, shelters, athletic fields, large lodge, and even a dance barn! Numerous community events are held at the park including Harvest Home Festival (The Biggest Little Fair in Ohio), church festivals, Easter Egg Hunt, Classic Car Show, Cheviot Family Day, Spook-tacular, and more!
- Cheviot Memorial Field House is on the National Register of Historic Places. Enjoy the many recreational assets at this park that hosts covered bleachers, tennis courts, new playgrounds, shelter picnic pavilion, and indoor basketball and volleyball courts.
- Community Activities abound in Cheviot. Join the Cheviot Westwood Community Assoc. (active since 1925), bicycle in the monthly “slow rides,” watch the numerous parades on Harrison Avenue, follow the signs along 2 walking routes, sit a spell at Pioneer Park with café tables.
- Lettuce Eat Well Farmers’ Market offers year-round produce and food products. All produce is grown using no synthetic chemicals, beef is 100% grass-fed, pork and chickens are pastured and fed no GMO. Drop by the Market on Fridays at the Cheviot United Methodist Church.
- Cheviot Shopping District is a walkable area with lots of small, independently owned businesses. In many storefronts, you’ll see signs proclaiming “We Love Cheviot!” That says it all, doesn’t it?
- Our Entertainment District has a lot going for it – numerous pubs, music clubs, restaurants, and The Drama Workshop offer great nighttime venues.