The Green Twp Hotel on the northeast corner of Harrison Avenue & North Bend Road where Big Bob's Carpet and Carpetland now stands. The hotel was also called the Rabenstein Hotel when it was conducted by George Rabenstein. The home on the right is that of Dr. Ben Meyerfeld. The building on the left still stands today (less the dome) on the northwest corner of North Bend and Harrison. This building housed the Cheviot Telephone Exchange.
Chas. Orr's saloon stood at the northeast corner of Harrison and Myrtle Avenues and would later become known as Applegate's Saloon. This photo was taken in 1895. After the turn of the century, Myrtle Avenue was changed to Glenmore Avenue. Also notice the beer garden nextdoor. On the site now stands a Wendy's Restaurant. Photo courtesy of the Dick Huebner Family.
The Twin City Theatre was the first picture show in Cheviot. It opened Saturday night, December 23, 1911 and was located at 3634 Harrison Avenue next to Orr's Saloon. Admission was 5¢ and they showed one & two reeled films. The theatre was owned by John J. Huebner. This site now is a parking lot for Wendy's Restaurant. Photo courtesy of the Dick Huebner Family.
The proprietor of the Twin City Theatre lived next door at 3632 Harrison Avenue. The house remains there today. Photo courtesy of the Dick Huebner Family.
North Bend Road entrance to Harvest Home Park circa 1930.
A 1929 Fire Truck. Photo courtesy of the Cheviot Fire Department.
Last day of Street Cars in Cheviot - April 28, 1951.
This view is looking eastbound on Harrison Avenue at Glenmore Avenue.
The "end of the line" was the layover point for the 21 Street Car. This view is looking westbound on Montana Avenue towards Glenmore Avenue. Photo courtesy of Phil Lind of Metro.
This view is looking towards Cheviot on Harrison Avenue at Epworth Avenue in Westwood. This photo was taken in 1938. Photo courtesy of Phil Lind of Metro.
This is a view of the Westwood Post Office on Harrison Avenue. The photo was taken in 1951. Photo courtesy of the Westwood Branch USPS.
Mary and Mike Stone (right) proprieters of Stone's Restaurant in June of 1963.
Photo courtesy of Christy Stone.
Cheviot Fieldhouse on Robb Avenue under construction in September of 1936.
Photo courtesy of Tom Lustenberger.