Opportunity for Property Tax Breaks on Home Improvements
Residential CRA – Cheviot is pleased to offer a special program for property tax abatement on major renovations of residential properties. It’s called a Residential Community Reinvestment Area (CRA). More information is available under the Building Department tab.
- Sites that may be helpful to homeowners
- People Working Cooperatively (PWC) – can provide emergency housing repairs to low-income and elderly households and also provide mobility modifications to assist both renters and homeowners. Call 513-351-7921 for help. More info at: http://www.pwchomerepairs.org/ohio.aspx
- The Port Authority offers the Communities First – Ohio Down Payment Assistance program, providing first mortgage financing and down payment/closing cost assistance to eligible homebuyers. There is no first-time homebuyer requirement. More info at: http://www.cincinnatiport.org/need-mortgage-payment-assistance/
- Working in Neighborhoods (WIN) – offer New Home Buyer Training Classes and Financial Literacy Workshops – More info at: http://www.wincincy.org/our-work/upcoming-events/
- CRA Application for Residential Property Tax Abatement
- CRA Ordinance